Deadline for submission of 2015 Hippocrates and CVRT schools healthy heart poetry and receipe entries: 12 midday GMT 1st July 2015
Healthy Heart Poetry 2015
The aim of the Healthy Heart Poetry initiative is to encourage interest in lifestyle that helps to keep the heart healthy. This was established as a partnership with the healthy heart charity the Cardiovascular Research Trust.
We thought that writing poems on keeping the heart healthy and planning and heart health writing recipes for would form excellent themes for a school lesson on a number of subject areas.
There is no charge for entry.
Do contact Wendy French if you wish any further information on 2015 entries or would like to help by involving your local school in the project, or help in other ways.
See YouTube videos of examples of Healthy Heart Poetry by schools:
Entry is free.
Important advice on submitting your entry:
1. Scroll down the form to complete each section, including your contact details and the full text of your entry.
2. Selected entries of poems and related healthy heart recipes will be published online, in a printed anthology, and poems available to listen to as podcasts.
2. To include text in italics, begin the italic section with <i> and end it with </i>
3. To make text bold, begin any bold section with <b> and end it with </b>
4. Submit your entry by clicking the button at the bottom of the scrolled down form.
5. You can return to your entry after you have submitted it, if you wish to edit the text.
6. There is no limit to the number of entries you may make.
7. After submitting your entry or entries, go to online payment link for Open, NHS and Young Poets entries.
*** To check that your submission has been successful, after you submit your entry, go to the top of your submission page. You should see a link allowing you to edit your submission. Clicking that link will tell you the entry you have just submitted. Please bookmark that page as a ‘Favourite’. If you wish to return to edit your submission, you can do so by returning to that bookmarked page. If you have not saved the edit page, please resubmit your revised entry on the main online form and add the word REVISION to the top right of the poem’s text box. There is no extra charge for a resubmission.***
The data on your entry form relates to your submission of a poem and/or recipe for the 2014 Hippocrates and CVRT Healthy Heart Poetry Initiative. The date and time of your submission, your identity and the work you have submitted will all be stored, but will not be used for any purpose other than administering and recording your submission and for informing you about future Hippocrates and CVRT Initiatives and related events and activities.